Combo Package for 2023 College Writing 2.0 and Study Skills Programs
You pay a discount rate for both the College Writing 2.0 Class and Stan’s How to Study Class for College Students
College Writing 2.0
Our College Writing 2.0 class will equip you with the skills you’ll need to meet and exceed the writing demands of your college professors. Plus, the Writing 2.0 class will prepare you for the job market that awaits you after college.
- Summer 1 session: Wednesdays, June 7, 2023 – July 12, 2023
- 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. CST
- Summer 2 session: Mondays, June 26, 2023 – July 31, 2023
- 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. CST
Success in college depends — among many factors — on your ability to communicate through writing. Humanities classes, as well as science classes, require you to write. If you are a math, business, or engineering major, it is also important to have strong writing skills. Why? College professors and future employers expect students to be able to communicate clearly and effectively in writing. Nervous? Concerned? Anxious? Don’t be. We are here to help. Our College Writing 2.0 class will equip you with the skills you’ll need to meet and exceed the writing demands of your college professors. Plus, the Writing 2.0 class will prepare you for the writing tasks that are commonly required in the job market.
Key Learning Objectives
- Insights on how to meet and exceed your professor’s expectations on writing assignments
- Strategies to ensure you meet deadlines for writing assignments
- How to exercise critical thinking skills in the process of writing academic essays
- Foundational grammar skills
- Practices to better organize your writing
- Editing techniques
- Ways to avoid plagiarism
- Tips to help you get A’s on your papers and in your classes
- 6-week online class
- Students can see and communicate with the instructor during each class
- Meets one-time per week for one-hour
- Weekly homework assignments
- Reduce anxiety associated with college writing assignments
- Build your self-confidence in writing
- Develop writing and study habits to support your success during college and after college
- Improve your grades in school
Stan’s How to Study Class for College Students
Stan’s How to Study Class provides students of broad academic backgrounds with the skills, strategies, and tools to be successful in college, and indeed to achieve the results that both students and parents want. Students are equipped with easily implementable study skills, strategies, and actions that aim to have an immediate impact on their academic performance.
When is the class?
Monday – Friday, January 2, 2023 – January 6, 2023, 5:00 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. CST (This class meets Monday through Friday (5 sessions) for one week.
Who should participate?
- Graduating High School Seniors
- College Students
What are the benefits of this class?
- Improved grades in school
- Less stress, particularly with regard to completing school assignments
- Greater self-confidence on the part of the student in terms of his or her ability to do well in college
What is included?
- Goal Setting
- Organization Skills
- Time Management
- Communicating with Teachers
- Preparing for Quizzes, Tests, and Papers
How is the class structured?
- One-hour per day via online live webinar for five days (plus homework assignments)
- Students receive a class workbook via email
- The student can access the live webinar class via computer, iPad, Iphone, or Android phone from any location where there is an internet connection
- Students can see and communicate with the instructor during the webinar
- The class meets on specified dates and times
What are the class requirements?
Prior to the start of the College Admissions Essay Boot Camp, participants should choose three essay questions that they want to work on during the boot camp. If you (the student) are unsure about the schools to which you plan to apply or the questions you want to use, we recommend that you review the Common Application (www.commonapp.org) and consider using the Common Application writing prompts.
To access the online webinar, students need to have a computer with the following operating system: Windows XP (or newer) or Mac with OS X 10.6 (or newer). You can also connect to the webinar from your Ipad, Android, or Iphone.
Stanley B. Lemons
- Texas Southern University, Doctoral Student in Education, Houston, TX
- UCLA Anderson School, M.B.A., Los Angeles, CA
- Amherst College, B.A, Amherst, MA
- Georgetown University, Exchange Student, Washington D.C.
- Harvard Business School, Executive Education, Cambridge, MA
- Northwestern University (Kellogg), Executive Education, Evanston, IL
- Greenhill School, Dallas, TX
- Writer/Published Author
- College Counselor
- Scholarship Reviewer, UCLA Alumni Scholarships for Incoming Freshman
- Upward Bound Counselor
- Coro Foundation Public Affairs Fellow
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteer
- Peace Corps Recruiter
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Global Marketing and Communications Strategist: The Coca-Cola Company, Citigroup,
- Southern Methodist University (SMU), S.B. Lemons & Company
Cancellation & Refund Policy
We reserve the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment. In the event a course is cancelled, please allow 4-6 weeks from the scheduled date of the course to receive a refund. We also reserve the right to require the withdrawal of any participant whose conduct is unsatisfactory or who appears unlikely to benefit from the program. If the directors of the program make this decision, a refund will be given for the remaining portion of class fees. We reserve the right to make staffing, schedule, or location changes as may be necessary.
If you wish to cancel your registration 15 days or more before the course, you will receive a complete refund, minus a $100 processing fee per cancelled ticket. Please allow 4-6 weeks after the conclusion of the scheduled class to receive your refund. No refunds will be issued to any registration cancelled 14 days or less before the event.
College Writing 2.0 6/7/2023 – 7/12/2023 and Study Skills 8/14/2023-8/18/2023 from 8-9 p.m. cst, College Writing 2.0 6/26/2023 – 7/31/2023 and Study Skills 8/14/2023-8/18/2023 from 8-9 p.m. cst
There are no reviews yet.