Stan’s How to Study Class for College Students
Do you want your student to be successful in college?
Stan’s How to Study Class provides students of broad academic backgrounds with the skills, strategies, and tools to be successful in college, and indeed to achieve the results that both students and parents want. Students are equipped with easily implementable study skills, strategies, and actions that aim to have an immediate impact on their academic performance.
When is the class?
Monday – Friday, August 14-18, 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. CST (This class meets Monday through Friday (5 sessions) for one week.
Who should participate?
- Graduating High School Seniors
- College Students
What are the benefits of this class?
- Improved grades in school
- Less stress, particularly with regard to completing school assignments
- Greater self-confidence on the part of the student in terms of his or her ability to do well in college
What is included?
- Goal Setting
- Organization Skills
- Time Management
- Communicating with Teachers
- Preparing for Quizzes, Tests, and Papers
How is the class structured?
- One-hour per day via online live webinar for five days (plus homework assignments)
- Students receive a class workbook via email
- The student can access the live webinar class via computer, iPad, Iphone, or Android phone from any location where there is an internet connection
- Students can see and communicate with the instructor during the webinar
- The class meets on specified dates and times
What is the cost?
Stanley B. Lemons
- Texas Southern University, Doctoral Student in Education, Houston, TX
- UCLA Anderson School, M.B.A., Los Angeles, CA
- Amherst College, B.A, Amherst, MA
- Georgetown University, Visiting Student, Washington D.C.
- Harvard Business School, Executive Education, Cambridge, MA
- Northwestern University (Kellogg), Executive Education, Evanston, IL
- Greenhill School, Dallas, TX
- Writer/Published Author
- College Counselor
- Scholarship Reviewer, UCLA Alumni Scholarships for Incoming Freshman
- Upward Bound Counselor
- Coro Foundation Public Affairs Fellow
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteer
- Peace Corps Recruiter
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Global Marketing and Communications Strategist: The Coca-Cola Company, Citigroup, Southern Methodist University (SMU), S.B. Lemons & Company
What are the class requirements?
To access the online webinar, students need to have a computer with the following operating system: Windows XP (or newer) or Mac with OS X 10.6 (or newer). You can also connect to the webinar from your Ipad, Android, or Iphone.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
We reserve the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment. In the event a course is cancelled, please allow 4-6 weeks from the scheduled date of the course to receive a refund. We also reserve the right to require the withdrawal of any participant whose conduct is unsatisfactory or who appears unlikely to benefit from the program. If the directors of the program make this decision, a refund will be given for the remaining portion of class fees. We reserve the right to make staffing, schedule, or location changes as may be necessary.
If you wish to cancel your registration 15 days or more before the course, you will receive a complete refund, minus a $100 processing fee per cancelled ticket. Please allow 4-6 weeks after the conclusion of the scheduled class to receive your refund. No refunds will be issued to any registration cancelled 14 days or less before the event.
Matthew, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
“It was really helpful, and I will put these tips into my life.”
Zoe, Student, Greenhill School, Addison, Texas
“Very effective class that provides students with many of the skills needed to succeed in this hyper competitive environment our kids find themselves in these days.”
Mark Howard, Financial Services Executive and Parent of a Bishop Lynch High School student, Dallas, Texas
“There was sooo much helpful information for everyone to use. Thanks for having this class!”
Treasure B., Student, The Episcopal School of Dallas
“Comprehensive and impactful tools to improve study habits and skills. Incredibly helpful “nuggets” that are easy to recall.”
Libby Wright, Parent and Chief Operating Officer, Women’s Foodservice Forum
Option 1: June 27th-July 1st 5-6:00 p.m., Option 2: July 25th-July 29th 8-9:00 p.m.