Stan’s How to Study Class online
Do you want your child to be successful in school?
Stan’s How to Study Class provides students of broad academic backgrounds with the skills, strategies, and tools to be successful in school, and indeed to achieve the results that both students and parents want. Whether you’re in middle school, high school, or college, Stan’s How to Study Class will help you succeed.
Students are equipped with easily implementable study skills, strategies, and actions that aim to have an immediate impact on their academic performance.
When is the class?
Monday – Friday, August 1, 2022 – August 5, 2022, 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. CST
Who should participate?
- Middle School Students (6th grade and up): improve your academic performance in middle school and likewise get a head start on fine-tuning the study skills you’ll need to be successful in high school.
- High School Students: grades and the rigor of your high school classes are fundamental to the college admissions process. Having strong study skills serves as the foundation for earning good grades, regardless of the subject you are studying.
What are the benefits of this class?
- Improved grades in school (which, by the way, increases your chances for scholarships, admission to academic programs, and job opportunities)
- Less stress, particularly with regard to completing school assignments
- Greater confidence on the part of the student in terms of his or her ability to do well in school
What is included?
- Goal Setting
- Organization Skills
- Time Management
- Communicating with Teachers
- Preparing for Quizzes, Tests, and Papers
How is the class structured?
- One-hour per day via online live webinar for five days (A total of 5 contact hours, plus homework assignments)
- The student can access the live webinar class via computer, iPad, Iphone, or Android phone from any location where there is an internet connection
- Students can see and communicate with the instructor during the webinar
- The class meets on specified dates and times
What is the cost?
Stanley B. Lemons
- Texas Southern University, Doctoral Student in Education, Houston, TX
- UCLA Anderson School, M.B.A., Los Angeles, CA
- Amherst College, B.A, Amherst, MA
- Georgetown University, Exchange Student, Washington D.C.
- Harvard Business School, Executive Education, Cambridge, MA
- Northwestern University (Kellogg), Executive Education, Evanston, IL
- Greenhill School, Dallas, TX
- Writer/Published Author
- College Counselor
- Scholarship Reviewer, UCLA Alumni Scholarships for Incoming Freshman
- Upward Bound Counselor
- Coro Foundation Public Affairs Fellow
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteer
- Peace Corps Recruiter
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Global Marketing and Communications Strategist: The Coca-Cola Company, Citigroup, Southern Methodist University (SMU), S.B. Lemons & Company
What are the class requirements?
To access the online webinar, students need to have a computer with the following operating system: Windows XP (or newer) or Mac with OS X 10.6 (or newer). You can also connect to the webinar from your Ipad, Android, or Iphone.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
We reserve the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment. In the event a course is cancelled, please allow 4-6 weeks from the scheduled date of the course to receive a refund. We also reserve the right to require the withdrawal of any participant whose conduct is unsatisfactory or who appears unlikely to benefit from the program. If the directors of the program make this decision, a refund will be given for the remaining portion of class fees. We reserve the right to make staffing, schedule, or location changes as may be necessary.
If you wish to cancel your registration 15 days or more before the course, you will receive a complete refund, minus a $100 processing fee per cancelled ticket. Please allow 4-6 weeks after the conclusion of the scheduled class to receive your refund. No refunds will be issued to any registration cancelled 14 days or less before the event.
“I’m in 9th grade, currently attending Alpharetta High School. this class has helped me immensely already; it has improved my time management skills, study skills, and more! I am very happy that I took this class, it (what I learned in this class) will stay with me, and help me for years to come.”
Will, 9th Grade Student, Alpharetta, Georgia
Matthew, 11th Grade Student, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
“Stan’s How to Study Class was very useful and informative! It offers students a system of strategies that can positively impact their success by the use of practical tips involving goal setting, organization, time management and much more. We look forward to fully implementing the study plan for our students to promote better study habits and a more disciplined approach to academic achievement.”
Shawnell Bradshaw, Assistant Principal- Whitt Elementary, Wylie, Texas
“This course was wonderful, as it highlights many techniques I enforce at home with my children. I believe it is important for parents to model exemplary behavior for our children as they develop academically. Offering opportunities for engagement with our children and academic professionals is simply icing on the cake.
My daughter benefitted from this course through listening, asking pertinent questions, and observing her peers simultaneously.
I HIGHLY recommend this course for children, teens and adults who want to gain an edge on becoming more academically efficient.”
Rev. Regina Franklin-Basye, Mdiv., MS, FT, Dallas, Texas
“It was really helpful, and I will put these tips into my life.”
Zoe, Student, Greenhill School, Addison, Texas
“We really enjoyed the class and found it fun and helpful.”
Leigh Horan, Attorney and Parent of a middle school class participant, Dallas, Texas
“I enjoyed it, learned a great deal and appreciate it.”
Jonathan McClellan, Educator, Jack and Jill of America member, and Parent of a Hockaday School middle schooler, Dallas, Texas
“Very effective class that provides students with many of the skills needed to succeed in this hyper competitive environment our kids find themselves in these days.”
Mark Howard, Financial Services Executive and Parent of a Bishop Lynch High School student, Dallas, Texas
“This was an excellent course for me and my son. All of the topics were relevant and things he can begin to use today to improve his grades. I would recommend this course to others.”
Kimberly Hall, Parent of a High School Student, Allen Texas
“I enjoyed the fact that this was a very well organized presentation. The steps were basic and very applicable. In each “step” there were “how to” explanations to attain success. Repetition and consistency are also established, which are great habits.”
Parent of a Lake Highlands High School student, Richardson, Texas
“There was sooo much helpful information for everyone to use. Thanks for having this class!”
Treasure B., Student, The Episcopal School of Dallas
“Comprehensive and impactful tools to improve study habits and skills. Incredibly helpful “nuggets” that are easy to recall.”
Libby Wright, Parent and Chief Operating Officer, Women’s Foodservice Forum
Option 1: July 18-22, Option 2: August 1-5